Teaching kids key subjects
From this page you can download Bible lesson series and single lessons on important topics. The lessons are listed by subject and when subjects are related, they are grouped together. If you save the downloaded file on your computer and open it in Adobe Reader, you can use the "Bookmarks" function to jump to each lesson and the review questions. You can purchase the visuals that go with the free lesson texts from Child Evangelism Fellowship (see "Locations").
Some of the material on this page is listed on the Old Testament or New Testament page as well.
- The Greatest Story
An Easter lesson suitable for large groups.
Each puzzle piece tells a part of the crucifixion and resurrection story.
As the lesson unfolds, a picture is built up on the board, revealing the outline of the Lord when the lesson is finished.
This lesson includes a review idea for your Easter club programme.
Download The Greatest Story.
- The Promised Saviour
This Christmas lesson shows kids how God promised in the Old Testament to Adam and Eve, Abraham and David to send a Saviour and how He kept those promises by sending the Lord Jesus.
The lesson also briefly covers the death and resurrection of the Lord as fulfilment of these promises.
Download The Promised Saviour.
- 5 Great Questions
Teaching basic Bible doctrines to children who know little or nothing of the Bible:
1. How do we know about God?
2. How can I be right with God?
3. Are you sure?
4. Why am I here?
5. What about my future?
Download 5 Great Questions.
- The Wordless Book Visualized
Five lessons explaining God's redeeming love to children, using 5 colours:
1. God and Heaven
3. The blood of Christ
4. Right with God
5. Growing up in Christ
Download The Wordless Book Visualized.
- What every child ought to know
Five basic doctrinal lessons for children who are unfamiliar with Bible truths:
1. Who is God?
2. What is sin?
3. Who is Jesus Christ?
4. What did the Lord Jesus do?
5. What is the Bible?
Download What every child ought to know.
- Our awesome God
Six lessons explaining to children in simple terms some of God's attributes:
1. God is sovereign
2. God is holy
3. God is omniscient
4. God is omnipresent
5. God is omnipotent
6. God is truth
Download Our awesome God.
- Right and Wrong
Six lessons teaching the Ten Commandments to children:
1. God has told us what is right and wrong
2. Only one God
3. Watch your tongue!
4. Use Sunday right - and the other days too!
5. Thoughts and actions!
6. I can't live without that
Download Right and Wrong.
- Turned Around
Six lessons for unchurched children, each one strongly evangelistic in focus:
1. Zacchaeus - Saved and changed by the Lord Jesus
2. Mephibosheth - Accepted into the king’s family
3. Noah - Saved from destruction
4. The Ethiopian treasurer - Found by God
5. Saul - Turned around by God
6. Review lesson
Download Turned Around.
- God cares when children are sad
Teaching children about God's love and care for them in difficult situations:
1. The outcast who was accepted by God (Jephthah)
2. The stranger welcomed (Ruth)
3. Clean in a dirty world (Samuel)
4. Learning to forgive others (Peter)
5. Despised by others, forgiven by God (Matthew)
Download God cares when children are sad.
- The Lord Jesus Christ(visuals out of print)
A series of five basic doctrinal lessons on the person and work of Christ:
1. The Lord Jesus Christ - The Son of God
2. The Lord Jesus Christ - Man
3. The Lord Jesus Christ - Teacher
4. The Lord Jesus Christ - Priest
5. The Lord Jesus Christ - King
Download The Lord Jesus Christ.
- Knowing Christ
Five simple evangelistic lessons focusing on the great "I ams" of Christ:
1. The Good Shepherd
2. The Bread of Life
3. The Resurrection
4. The Light of the World
5. The Way
Download Knowing Christ.
- Meet the Author!
Five lessons for children on the Person and work of the Holy Spirit:
1. Who is the Holy Spirit and what is He like?
2. The Holy Spirit gave us the Bible
3. The Holy Spirit gives life
4. The Holy Spirit, the believer's Companion
5. The Holy Spirit gives strength to God's children
Download Meet the Author!
- The church, God's family(with free visuals)
Five lessons for kids who are saved, but not integrated into a local church:
1. The church is alive
2. The church in Jerusalem
3. The church in Antioch
4. The church in Troas
5. The church at war
Download The church, God's family text / visuals.
- Great truths in the book of Romans(with free visuals)
Six lessons explaining in simple terms some of the great doctrines in Romans:
1. "Guilty", says the judge
2. The judge declares you right with the law
3. The very best friend (Holy Spirit)
4. God's chosen people
5. The body of Christ
6. How much we owe
Download Great truths in the book of Romans text / visuals.
- A Quiet Time
Nine lessons to teach how believing children can have a daily Quiet Time:
1. What is a "Quiet Time"?
2. Why have a Quiet Time?
3. When and where to have a Quiet Time
4. How to have a Quiet Time (1)
5. How to have a Quiet Time (2)
6. How to pray
7. What do I need for a Quiet Time?
8. Sharing together (about Quiet Time)
Download A Quiet Time.
- Teach us to pray(with free visuals)
Five lessons to teach children the privilege and importance of prayer:
1. It's a thrill to be able to talk to God
2. Prayer - the Christian's spiritual oxygen
3. My prayers bring joy to God
4. Other people need my prayers
5. Let's learn to pray better
Download Teach us to pray text / visuals.
- Overcoming the Enemy
This single lesson is written thinking of children who face temptations of all kinds. Particular application is made to the temptation for older children to abuse drugs, steal and to use alcohol due to peer pressure. If the temptations your children are facing may be to tell lies, to cause trouble at school or bully children that are of a different colour or race, apply as needed. The lesson can be used to evangelise unreached children at any time and has also much teaching for Christian children.
Download Overcoming the Enemy.
- The Call of Jeremiah(with free visuals)
The special emphasis of this single lesson about Jeremiah is that God has a plan for your life.
For the unsaved child it means to put your trust in Jesus and ask Him to show you His plan for you, while saved children are encouraged to ask God to show them His plan and to give them strength to follow it.
Download The Call of Jeremiah text / visuals.